You’re in good hands
EEFG, Inc., led by renowned expert Mark Jewell, is a consultancy helping energy users and service providers realize and express the true value of improving energy efficiency. Our services include education, training, coaching, and analysis. With three decades of interdisciplinary experience and a wealth of noteworthy client engagements to call upon, EEFG is adept at creating value at the intersection of energy management, real estate, finance, operations, sustainability, and professional selling.
Mark Jewell and EEFG’s highly skilled staff of experts have a rich portfolio of past accomplishments to inform its current engagements.
- Over two dozen, highly-acclaimed courses relating to energy efficiency and selling; and, educating thousands of professionals how to create value by enhancing efficiency in the energy, real estate, architecture, utility, and related industries.
- Assisting the US Environmental Protection Agency create and deploy the ENERGY STAR® program for Commercial Real Estate.
- Testing and deploying the EPA’s Portfolio Manager energy-performance benchmarking tool, and persuading more than two billion square feet of real estate to use it as a voluntary pollution prevention tool. To date, more than 12,000 buildings nationwide have used Portfolio Manager to earn the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Providing benchmarking-related program design, training, and post-training support services to more than 70 local governments, including the City and County of San Francisco for its new mandatory benchmarking and auditing ordinance.
- Managing energy-efficiency-related audits, specification, design, and/or project management for nearly 1,000 large buildings over the last 15 years.
- Founding and managing a venture-capital-backed company that presently administers several thousand incentive applications per year on behalf of its clients, who together represent more than one billion square feet of real estate in the U.S. and Canada
- Performing comprehensive lighting design and project management services for a 4.5-million-square-foot project that at the time was the second-largest municipal lighting retrofit in the country, earning the client not only a Green Lights Partner of the Year award, but also Vice President Gore’s Golden Hammer Award for Good Government.
- Helping a large, multi-state utility create and deploy an innovative commercial real estate efficiency program that specifically addressed the challenges of applying energy efficiency to landlord/tenant settings. In its first three years, this program engaged more than 100 income-producing office buildings with a collective 40 million square feet and identified nearly 1,000 energy-saving measures.
- Playing a key role in the design and execution of Continuous Energy Improvement programs for several investor-owned utilities.
- Developing tools to manage complex utility-scale energy-efficiency programs through all stages: marketing, recruiting, enrollment, assessment, implementation, verification, and incentive payment.
- Assisting the development, recruitment, and implementation of a series of innovative retro-commissioning and monitoring-based commissioning programs for investor-owned utilities in California.
- Participating in the development and execution of a corporate sustainability report conforming to the Global Reporting Initiative for major wood products manufacturer.
- Creating and managing a marketing and manufacturing operation that employed challenged youth and converted post-consumer waste into 100% recycled value-priced gift wrap that was then sold to retailers across the country.
- Performing a life-cycle analysis for a major product manufacturer that compared the relative environment impacts of its “eco” offering and its competitor’s offering.
- Building and co-managing a company that owned and operated a multi-million-square-foot portfolio of commercial real estate involving more than 400 tenants.